Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2000 00:37:56 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: several procmail jobs hang ...

On Sun, Jan 02, 2000 at 08:00:03PM +0100, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> A few days ago I updated -current and build /usr/local completely new.
> One remaining problem is, that procmail jobs seems to hang.
> First it was a port problem, I installed some (for me) basic services
> in /home/local and procmail tried to call /usr/local/bin/formail.
> Now I recompiled procmail using normal /usr/local as PREFIX, but
> the jobs still hang. After some time they seem to timeout and
> mail seems to be delivered. Can't say exactly if I have some mail
> loss.

I don't know that much about procmail itself and how you use it, but with
the default local delivery you can get such a situation if there's a stale
lock file in /var/mail.

--
B.Walter                  COSMO-Project              http://www.cosmo-project.de
ticso@cicely.de             Usergroup                info@cosmo-project.de