Date:      Sat, 09 Oct 2004 14:52:12 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Smux" <smux@terra.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd upgrade

> From: "Smux" <smux@terra.com.br>
> Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:27:06 -0300
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
>
> hi there, i've got my system reinstalled today with freebsd 4.9-release.
> i installed cvsup-without-gui by ports, typed cvsup stable.sup, waited
> for that finish, cd /usr/src and make buildworld.
> and then BOOM! it drop. whats the big deal? i'm tired doing this on MANY
> others servers, at home, on others data-centers without any problem.
>
> (stable.sup file)
> #
> #    cvsup stable-supfile
>
> *default tag=.
> *default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default compress
>
> src-all
> (end stable.sup file)

A couple of things...

1. You might use cvsup with te -L2 option to log exactly what is
changed. It often lets you know that things are messed up because of the
files loaded. The first line of the sup file should not be there, but I
don't think it is causing the problem as I think the second default tag
will override it. If not, you got CURRENT (V6) sources and not STABLE.

2. The message shows no errors. Did anything come after the last line or
did it just come back to a prompt?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)