Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:16:27 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Muhammad Omer Iqbal <omer@omeriqbal.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP5 and MySQL

--------------enig01A606B14133B014CF2D4804

Muhammad Omer Iqbal wrote:
> And by the way, I already have MySQL 5.0 as a .tar in the mysql folder,=
 so
> probably all I need to do is let php5-mysql extension know how to acces=
> that .tar file.=20

A .tar of what? The sources? Better put them into /usr/ports/distfiles.

> It seems strange to have to install it again especially when I installe=
> php5-extensions with mysql and mysqli extensions.

Hmmm... Well that should have installed the php5-mysql port for you,
certainly. =20

> When I tried to make, it tries to fetches MySQL 4.1 whereas I have 5.0
> installed. How can I update the version?

Hmmm... Seems you have a version of the ports tree which is a few months
out of date.

> I have updated Makefile.ext in PHP5 directory with DEFAULT_MYSQL_VER=3D=
50, but
> to no avail.

As a basic rule you should never have to directly edit any file
within the port directory.

To make mysql-5.0.x the default version on your system, edit /etc/make.co=
nf
and add:

    WITH_MYSQL_VER=3D 50

Then do a 'make clean' in the php-mysql port and try again.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Flat 3