Date:      Sat, 18 Jun 2005 02:41:34 +0200
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        Steven Friedrich <FreeBSD@InsightBB.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 port broke for Matrox G550

On Friday 17 of June 2005 01:42, Steven Friedrich wrote:
> -autoconfig didn't produce good results for me.  I have a dualhead setup
> and it gave me only a single display.  I invoked it by "startx --
> -autoconfig".

Ah, I was wandering, because there were some improvements made to
autoconfiguring but as it seems it's not entirely there yet.

> I also read the readme for mga and I can't really determine what the best
> config for my G550 is.  Currently, I'm using Xinerama and it disables DRI
> on both heads.  I don't know how to configure it for the "DualHead
> Multi-Display - Merged feature" the readme refers to.

I believe that part of docs is only clarifying that on cards other than G450
and G550 you can't have dual head at all. I don't have an Matrox myself so I
can't be of much more help I'm afraid.

Dejan