Date:      Fri, 13 Nov 1998 18:54:14 +0100 (CET)
From:      Florian Nigsch <flo@ganymed.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Upgrade from 2.2-STABLE to -CURRENT

Hi everybody!

I have two systems running FreeBSD, both -STABLE.
I wanted to upgrade to -CURRENT, fetched the hole -CURRENT source-files
with cvsup and tried a "make aout-to-elf" in /usr/src.
I tried it several times with some sort of differences each try but
it always failed when it came to compile "strip".
Has anybody experienced the same problem and mastered it??  (hopefully)

I got some tips, like to precompile "strip" and then do a "make
aout-to-elf -D NOCLEAN" -> didn't work...

HELP! :)

ciao & thanks
	Flo

--

Florian Nigsch		<flo@ganymed.org>
pgp 2.6.3 fingerprint 	0F 93 BC 91 E9 6B A7 56  B2 61 D6 6E 18 3D E0 12