Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 1997 23:44:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
To:        Andrew Perry <andrew@shoal.net.au>
Cc:        questions freebsd <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: a few questions

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Andrew Perry wrote:

> g'day everyone :)
>
> also what web browsers do people use from XFree86? i've installed mosaic
> but would like netscape, however i'm having a few problems. i downloaded
> the port, did make GOLD=yes and it downloaded for ages and then said
> invalid checksum and wouldn't actually install it. is there a better way
> of getting netscape (ie: is there a package anywhere i can grab?)

There aren't any packages because Netscape isn't freeware.  The generic
solution to checksum problems is to delete the checksum file -- obviously,
only use this when the "invalid checksum" error is itself in error.  I
think you can also then do a "make checksum" to make a new one but that
isn't always necessary.

> is there a hotkey combination that allows you to switch from XFree86 to
> my bash sessions that i already had running? where is the best place to
> look for some general how to use XFree86, i've had a bit of a look at
> their home pages but can't find a general user type guide.

You know how normally you switch vtys using ALT-Fn?  To do so from within
X, use CTRL-ALT-Fn.  To go *back* to X you use the regular ALT-Fn.  It
sounds confusing but when you do it it'll make sense.

> thanks in advance

You're welcome.

> andrew perry
> andrew@shoal.net.au