Date:      Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:56:21 +0000
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bragging rights

Dan Langille wrote:
> On 29 Apr 2005 at 21:55, Chuck Robey wrote:
>

>>It's a big grey Antec case witha side thats clear, so it has a fan
>>there.  I've sprayed clear/blue UV spray all over the plastic, so the
>>lit up side mounted fan there flouresces the plastic very nicely.  The
>>system has two fans in front, two in the rear, one on the side, and
>>two on the two AMD64 processors.  The fans are all speed-controlled,
>>so I don't have to listen to the end of the world vibrating itself to
>>death here on my desktop, it's actually very quiet.  The two CPU fans
>>are very quiet ones, Thermaltake's, but I forget the model number, so
>>I will just say that they works at fairly low rpms to keep the noise
>>down.  Each of those cpus is equipped with a Gig of ram from Corsair.
>

> Where are the photos!

Honestly, I'm not so sure you'd tell too much from the photos, but I'll
see about getting some, because the alcove I've got set up has the AMD64
FreeBSD, the Mac, the Sparc64 FreeBSD, and the Gentoo Linux, on 3
different LCD monitors.  Oh, forgot, the older x86 FreeBSD mail server,
also, so there's 5 systems with 3 monitors (2 20", 1 18").

Lighting is from one of those lab-inspired oversized magnifying glasses,
that has a 8" circular fluorescent tube in it.  The company was
liquidating, I got it cheap.