Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:12:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Woods <bwoods2@uswest.net>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        webmaster@wmptl.com, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Here is what IBM thinks about using FreeBSD on their newer  Thinkpads

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Brett Glass wrote:

> gaurdian gaurdian wrote:
> >
> > So what:
> >
> > 1) They have no obligation to support FreeBSD.
>
> Obligation? No. However, the market can and should punish
> vendors who sell hardware that's not compatible with industry
> standards and widely used software.
>
> > 2) If you dont like it, dont buy their Laptops...
> >    I for one, have no issues with them.
>
> Don't worry; I won't buy an IBM laptop ever again. My 760E
> has had many, many problems -- including many that make
> it unusable even with Microsoft Windows. And I won't even
> get into how awful their service is if your laptop ever
> fails.

Hmmmm....Their service has been REAL good to me, the basically replaced my
whole laptop when I spilled coffee on it, and it dident cost me a dime, it
was warreentee(sp), also on my other 600e, when my baby boy ripped the
keys off and broke the springs, they replaced the keyboard, in
warreentee. They shipped me a shipping box, and in 7 days I had my
repaired units........

> > 3) I have FreeBSD running fine on my Thinkpad 600E
> >    and have had it there for the last year.
>
> As I recall, the 600E's modem doesn't work with FreeBSD, and
> power management doesn't work.

APM works fine here....I have had it for a while....