Date:      Sat, 08 Apr 2000 11:25:11 +0200
From:      Bas <bheerschop@chello.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   No multiple connections ICMP only with IPNAT l3.3.11 FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE

It was not correct what I said the problem is only with the ICMP protocol
and not with TCP and UDP. And it could be with PING only I don't known how
to test ICMP with anything other than PING.

I have FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE IPNAT l3.3.11 set up to act as a router.

But I still have one problem. When an ICMP (PING) connection is established
from a computer on my LAN to an IP on the Internet, no other ICMP (PING)
connection can by made from any other computer on my LAN (including the
router self) to the same IP on the Internet. Until the created rule in the
"List of active sessions:" in the IPNAT -l list is removed.

My IPNAT config is

map ed1 192.168.0.0/24 -> 0/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp
map ed1 192.168.0.0/24 -> 0/32 portmap tcp/udp 10000:60000
map ed1 192.168.0.0/24 -> 0/32

Firewall completely opened for testing.