Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2017 23:01:52 -0800
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Chris H <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
Cc:        "ports@freebsd.org>" <ports@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Dependencies satisfied, build stops anyway.

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 09:23:56PM -0800, Chris H wrote:
> I think you might have been better off going with the suggested
> cd /offending/port
> make deinstall
> make reinstall
>
> The choice to pollute your environment with FORCE_PKG_REGISTER
> will simply compound the problem you're already experiencing. :(
> Just saying.
>
> In the end, you're probably going need to decide on a revision,
> and check it out for both src && ports. Then perform a fresh
> build(world/kernel) && install world/kernel. Else you'll be
> fighting  this and other woes for eternity.

This is slightly surprising; I know world and kernel need to
match fairly closely, but I thought ports could be at least
somewhat (days, weeks, possibly months) out of sync, depending
on their complexity and what they depend on.

> I'm only saying all this in an effort to help. :)
>
> All the best, and best of luck. :)

I very much appreciate your counsel. This host is essentially expendable,
used only to rehearse procedures to be employed on machines whose functions
are of some (small) value.

bob prohaska