Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:06:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@watson.org>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New libpthread patch available.

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

:On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 07:29:54PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
:>
:>                               libkse       libc_r
:>   ACE 5.3.1 Test               Pass?        Pass?
:>   ------------------------------------------------
:>   Cached_Conn_Test             No           No
:>   Conn_Test                    No           Yes
:>   MT_Reactor_Timer_Test        No           Yes
:>   Malloc_Test                  No           No
:>   Proactor_Test                No           No
:>   Proactor_Timer_Test          No           No
:>   Process_Manager_Test         No           Yes
:>   Process_Strategy_Test        No           Yes
:>   Sigset_Ops_Test              No           No
:>   Thread_Pool_Test             No           Yes
:>
:
:
:Hi,
:
:Would you be interested in using the ACE autobuild perl scripts
:to run the ACE tests?  The results of the tests are formatted
:in a nice HTML format which you can push to a web page.

Sorry to get alittle more off-topic than the original email, but how
feasible is it to tie something like that into tinderbox so that if there
was a checkin to any of the libc_r etc code, we could do the ACE tests?
Sounds like the autobuild stuff would help with that?

Sorry if this is a bit more off topic than people would like.

Cheers,
Andrew

:
:For example, the build output of my build of ACE+TAO is published here:
:
:http://www.dist-systems.bbn.com/projects/AIRES/UAV/scoreboard/main/
:
:If I see your build output, I may be able to help isoloate some
:problems.  The Proactor stuff depends on POSIX AIO + threads, so looking
:too closely at that for KSE may be a waste of time, unless you want to
:look at AIO also.  Sigset depends on proper signals support.
:
:The Thread tests are worth paying attention to.  The other thing
:to keep in mind is that some of the ACE tests are very convoluted
:and busted in subtle ways.
:
:If you are interested using the autobuild scripts to publish your
:ACE build output, I can help you with that off the list.
:--
:Craig Rodrigues
:http://home.attbi.com/~rodrigc
:rodrigc@attbi.com