Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:58:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      security@revolutionsp.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports resetting filesystem permissions everywhere

Hey list,

A lot of ports I install will end up setting to the default permissions
various directories (/usr/local/sbin, /usr/local/www, / , ...) depending
on which port I'm installing.

This is annoying as I have to set them to the permissions I use over and
over again. I think the relation is with the /etc/mtree files, so my
questions are the following:

- Is the permission resetting really related to the /etc/mtree/BSD.* ?
- If it is, what other choice other than editing these files do I have?

I'd like, if possible, a solution that doesn't involve changing these
files, as they'll be overwritten whenever I want to upgrade the system or
upgrade the src.

Please cc me, I'm not in the list.