Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:59:02 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adding FreeBSD to OS wars (for a cause...)

There is a web page up at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/5601/

which is running a "OS Wars" vote.  The idea is to generate some money for
the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.  You "vote" for your favorite OS by
pledging some money.  The current list of OS's include MacOS, OS/2,
Windows, Linux, BeOS, JavaOS, and even AmigaOS (each represented by their
own icon, with a URL pointer to the "home" for that operating system.).
There's one additional catagory for "UNIX"...

I thought "Well, if Linux is there then I'd be happy to donate a few
"votes" to see FreeBSD in the list too".  And thus, my question.

Is there someone who needs to approve putting up the FreeBSD icon on a web
page such as this one?  I thought I remembered a web page which showed
various FreeBSD icons fit for web pages, but in a quick look thru
www.freebsd.org I couldn't find it.  And then I got to thinking, maybe I'm
supposed to get advance approval for something like this anwyay.

So, I'm not requesting that anyone here donate money, but if I'm willing to
donate some money then what icon would be the best one to use for that
page, assuming no one objects to it's usage?

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn
Senior Systems Programmer
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute