Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 2002 12:05:04 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?shubha=20mr?= <shubha_mr@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   samba sorrow!

Hi,
I have installed freebsd version 4.5 (thru CD's)and
samba is left out in the packages.I confirmed this
from the errata of 4.5 release.I tried downloading
from the ftp ports of free BSD but when I type make
install in /usr/ports/net/samba, it just refuses to
make and gives some errors in the makefile.
I have no idea how to resolve this.

I also tried loading samba-2.0.10 from CD's of 4.4
release.But I do not get a makefile at all.Nothing
seems to be working.Can any one help the disgusted
soul!

Thanks,
shubha