Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:39:55 +0000
From:      Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
To:        bts@babbleon.org, dg@root.com
Cc:        clash@tasam.com, dillon@apollo.backplane.com, marck@rinet.ru, mrcpu@internetcds.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, steve@sohara.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with large disk. (> 1 TB)

>    Nope. Neither the physical nor logical disk can be greater than 1TB. Using

If the limit is the sector addressing on the deviice then cant you just use
a disc which has 1024 bytes per sector ? I have a vague recollection that
almost all SCSI discs were formatted this way once upon a time (though the
most recent ones I;ve bought have all been 512 I admit - maybe they are
aimed at the PC market these days ?)

-pcf.