Date:      Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:24:34 -0500
From:      Michael Mulligan <mmulligan@intrusic.com>
To:        Theodore Campbell <theodore.campbell@comscape.net>
Cc:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postgresql_user in 010.pgsql.sh

Theodore Campbell wrote:

>I assume you're trying to set the postgres super user to something other than
>pgsql. It's good to know that the system user and the database super user
>are not related in any way. ...

My post was terse, not explaining why I was asking for this.  Perhaps
I have a weak reason: it is just for convenience with some legacy
operational conventions where both the UNIX username and the
Postgresql super user were named "postgres".  My workaround has been
to make the edit locally as indicated in my first email.  I thought other
folks might find this useful.

Thanks for your reply.