Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 10:43:11 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Kyle Mobley <kyle@mobley.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AfterStep 1.4.5.x

Sigh,

> I have allways used AfterStep 1.0 with X11 but now i would really like to
> get AfterStep 1.4.5 or even 1.4.x working under FreeBSD.
>
> I wanted to know if anyone has been able to do this?

I'm working on this - the port I submitted for 1.4.4 does NOT do pkg_add
correctly due to some weird chars in the PLIST.  I'm trying to fix this
using 1.4.5.* but sorting through the patches and what they do is a pain.
It appears the patches are submitted by just about anyone off the street
and some of them do NOTHING right.  I have 1.4.5.* sort of ready - I'm
hoping to finish it sometime tonight maybe and send it in.

> Please let me know any info that might be of help. As you may also know.
> /usr/ports/x11/afterstep144/ doesn't seem to work. Is it not avilable for
> FreeBSD yet?

That's because it's a repository copy waiting for my updated version. :-)

If you'd like the patch to fix your port to the 1.4.4 version let me know
and I can send it to you.

Brett

Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

But Master, does not the fire need water too?
Does not the mountain need the storm?  		- Beavis