Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:57:14 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Broadcom BCM5721 not supported by bge in 5.3-RELEASE?

On Feb 28, 2005, at 9:57 AM, Tom Fischer wrote:

> As an aside to the FreeBSD developer community - thanks for all of
> your hard
> work on this great OS.  I've been using FreeBSD since version 2.2, and
> on the rare occassion when I run into a problem, someone on this list
> is
> always right there to set me straight...

Not only that, but when I ran into this issue two months ago on a new
Dell server, the bge driver developers came up to the plate and got the
necessary debugging info they needed and had a patch ready within
*hours* that recognized this chipset.  It was committed to the RELENG_5
branch by the next day.