Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 12:43:30 -0400
From:      griffin@atria.com (Beth Griffin)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP and XFree86 interfere with each other?

NOTE: I've already done some searching of the archives and haven't
found anything relevant yet.

I am running FreeBSD 2.2.6.  Hardware is a 486DX, graphics board is
Diamond SpeedStar 24, modem I don't know, but up to 19200 baud.

I first got PPP functional.  Later I got xinit to work successfully, but
then my pppd chat script was failing to connect.  I couldn't find any
clues as to why.  I rebooted (power cycle).

Now pppd works, but the Xserver doesn't.  I've tested a few times.
I must do a power cycle after using one in order to get the other to work
again.  Do I have a hardware conflict?  The config scripts didn't show
one.

I'd like to be able to use both.  The system and ppp log files don't show
anything useful.  Where do I start looking for the cause of this
conflict?

Thanks,
Beth

--MAA00206.896717328/dancer.atria.com--