Date:      Sun, 08 Dec 2002 04:57:05 -0300
From:      "Juan Luis Baptiste" <juancho@linuxmail.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   configuring a FreeBSD box to use a IPv6 DNS server as it's resolver?

Hi,

How can I configure a FreeBSD box to use a IPv6 DNS server as it's resolver?

I mean, if I put in /etc/resolv.conf:
nameserver 3ffe:1ce1:2:0:200::1

And try to use dig to resolve some domain I have in that DNS server,
it seems that the IPv6 address is not recognized and dig tries the to use
DNS server of the local machine.

for example:

ipv4# dig ipv6.gt64.org

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> ipv6.gt64.org
;; res_nsend to server default -- 0.0.0.0: Connection refused

or:

ipv4# dig @3ffe:1ce1:2:0:200::2 ipv6.gt64.org

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> @3ffe:1ce1:2:0:200::2 ipv6.gt64.org
; Bad server: 3ffe:1ce1:2:0:200::2 -- using default server and timer opts
; (1 server found)
;; res_nsend to server default -- 0.0.0.0: Connection refused

Thanks for your help,

Juan Luis Baptiste M.