Date:      Thu, 24 Nov 2011 23:26:41 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does UFS2 send BIO_FLUSH to GEOM when update metadata (with softupdates)?

Hello, Ivan.
You wrote 24 =ED=EE=FF=E1=F0=FF 2011 =E3., 20:42:15:

> Some time ago I've written a patch as an learning excercise which issues
> a BIO_FLUSH when it thinks SU needs it - it may or may not be correct so
> I didn't even try to commit it:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ivoras/diffs/fsync_flush.patch
> Of course, reviews are welcome :)
 I'll give it a try. But adding BIO_SYNC flag will be better to avoid
additional operations. I'm trying to measuer it impact now for very
naive implementation (add BIO_SYNC flag to system, teach ata/scsi
layer about it and set it for every BIO which is created from BUF
without "ASYNC" flag).

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>