Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 19:41:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache question

Heya...

Well, this might be a stupid question, and I apologize in advance if so...

I already have apache 1.3.9 installed on a 3.3-RELEASE machine... I would
like to try out apache-ssl on the box also, but I'd like to run them
side-by-side, i.e. have httpd running and listening on port 80, and have
httpsd running and listening on port 443. (I would obviously have two
separate installs of apache with their own respective confs).

Is this possible/feasible/smart?  I.e. will they invade each other or
would they coexist peacefully...

Any input would be appreciated greatly.  Thanks.

-Gary