Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 2014 21:31:18 +0900
From:      Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] pkg(8) is now the only package management tool

You can generate old style (pkg_* style) database by

  pkg convert -r -d somewhere_you_like

at least pkg-1.3.7 for now. ;-)
The default output directory is /var/db/pkg.

Are they insufficient for your purpose (your tool)?

But please beware. The data generated by pkg are POSSIBLY NOT 100%
match the ones generated by pkg_add, as they are generated from
existing pkg database (by default: /var/db/pkg/local.sqlite).

Regards.