Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2014 12:50:01 GMT
From:      Tijl Coosemans <tijl@FreeBSD.org>
To:        apache@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/188171: devel/subversion package broken

The following reply was made to PR ports/188171; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tijl Coosemans <tijl@FreeBSD.org>
To: Jonas =?ISO-8859-1?Q?B=FClow?= <jonas.bulow@gmail.com>,
        bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 14:47:21 +0200

 On Thu, 3 Apr 2014 11:38:49 +0200 Jonas B=FClow wrote:
 > On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Tijl Coosemans <tijl@freebsd.org> wrote:
 >> On Thu, 3 Apr 2014 10:40:28 +0200 Jonas B=FClow wrote:
 >>> On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Tijl Coosemans <tijl@freebsd.org> wrot=
 e:

 >>> It's not there:
 >>>
 >>> #readelf -s /lib/libc.so.7 | grep -c __bsd_iconv
 >>> 0
 >>
 >> Then your system must have been recompiled with WITHOUT_ICONV in
 >> /etc/src.conf.  Just remove that and recompile again.
 >
 > No, the system has only been using freebsd-update. Installed a late RC of
 > 10 in Januari and upgraded to 10.0-RELEASE when it was released.
 >=20
 > I want to stick with binary upgrades.

 Hmm, I remember there were some bugs discovered in freebsd-update during
 the release process.  The __bsd_iconv change was also made late during
 the release.  So it's possible freebsd-update didn't update your system
 correctly.  In that case I think you'll have to reinstall FreeBSD
 10.0-RELEASE.  You could also try to figure out which files are incorrect
 using "freebsd-update IDS".  There's more information about that here:
 https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/updating-upgrading-freebsdupdate.html#=
 freebsdupdate-system-comparison