Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 00:50:56 -0400
From:      greg <greg@cr15124-a.ym1.on.wave.home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fxpX time out question

Hi All,
    I resolved my SMP issue by using an IDE drive.  Thanks to all.

Now the system boots a SMP kernel,  but 4 of my 5 ethernet ports "time out".  it keeps sending " fpx1 timeout,  fpx2 timeout,  fpx3 timeout, fpx0 timeout" to the console every few seconds.  I can ping the IP of the cards,  but nothing on the networks they face.  Only fxp4  works as expected,  and all hosts are reachable on that network.

     Does any reason come to mind that may cause this?  My /etc/rc.conf file gives each card an IP,  and all are listed as active.

I'm using 2 dual port Intel Pro cards,  and another Intel Pro 100+.  Please let me know if you would like any other information.

thanks again for  your time.
greg