Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:13:34 -0000 (GMT)
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steveo@iol.ie>
To:        Kerberus <kerberus@inetu.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: CTX laptop & PCMCIA

> 3.1, i have noticed under 3.1 that the PCIC controller in dmesg output
> assigns it at irq 5, but there is a sound card at that irq, under
> 2.2.8-PAO it was being assigned irq 11. so ill prolly get ripped for

        Hmm a couple of things spring to mind here. First make sure that the
pccard.conf file lists only the usable interrupts (I know that doesn't affect
the pcic interrupt but it does let 5 through by default so...).

        Now for the one that might do some real good, try adding this line to
your boot/loader.rc file.

        set machdep.pccard.pcic.irq=11

        The rc.pccard script does a kldload of pcic, it is probably worth
trying with and without this.

E-Mail: Steve O'Hara-Smith <steveo@iol.ie>