Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:05:16 -0500
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cvsup Handbook Example

zerotransfer@bellsouth.net wrote:
> More than the number, the issue for me is the motivation of why that number
> was used. Why use one of the only three digit numbers that I know of that
> is associated with evil to at least one belief?  See my point?

Certainly.  Your point appears to be that you are too ignorant to know that
Unix mode bits are represented in octal, not decimal.

[ "rw-rw-rw-" is 666 in base 8, which is 438 in decimal.  "666" in decimal
corresponds to Unix mode "--w--rx-wt", not that either one has any religious
connotations whatsoever.  It must be nice to not have any genuine or
substantive problems to deal with, if this actually matters to anyone.... ]

-Chuck

        Chuck Swiger | chuck@codefab.com | All your packets are belong to us.