Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:06:20 -0500
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        "Timms, Simon" <STimms@petro-canada.ca>, 'Kris Kennaway' <kris@obsecurity.org>, Adam McLaurin <blueeskimo@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD in Windows.....

On Friday 26 September 2003 04:51 pm, Timms, Simon wrote:
> [...]

Actually, I worked around that problem once running Win98 via Virtual PC on
Mac OS X on an iBook.  I had to network the operating systems using 2
ethernet ports.  The looped cable made my ibook look funny; but MS Access
could link to the databases in OS X via ODBC through the connection.  Samba
shouldn't be any different.

Each operating system had a different ethernet interface configured to the
same network so they can communicate with each other.  Since Win98 insisted
on recognizing both ethernet interfaces at bootup, the Win98 side of the
ethernet interface used by OS X had to be configured to a different network.
Clear as mud?

Have fun,

Andrew Gould