Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 1999 13:25:03 -0800 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        RON FOLKERS <FOLKERRE@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

> You half to be kidding me.  there has to be an easyer way to download it.
> from my point of view i see hundreds of files to download one by one.
> i would get you cd but it costs to much.

	ORRRRR.... you could follow the link that says 'installation
instructions' Download two files, make a boot disk, boot off of the boot
disk, setup a network connection, and let the installation program
download everything it needs automatically.
	BTW, if you buy the book and CD set you're getting the most useful
book for newbies to FreeBSD there is. You're also supporting the FreeBSD
project, ftp.cdrom.com the worlds busiest ftp site, and most importantly
continued updating of FreeBSD itself.
	On the other hand, if that's still to much for you, check out
www.cheapbytes.com to get a VERY stripped down CDROM. It dosen't have
everything you'll need but for a basic install it's pretty good.

						Rick