Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:14:42 -0700
From:      "Aaron" <click46@webpimps.net>
To:        "Tim" <tim@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3ware Escalade 6200 RAID Controller

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim <tim@futuresouth.com>
To: Kory Hamzeh <kory@avatar.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:38:32 -0500

> On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 02:24:27PM -0700, Kory Hamzeh wrote:
> In our system, the drives actually show up as /dev/twed0s1.
> I guess you could create the RAID volume on the existing system (and I
> don't even know if you could do this without wiping out the old data),
> boot from a FreeBSD floppy with a kernel that has 3ware driver on it,
> then edit /etc/fstab.  I am not sure that's much worse than the
> alternative, if at all.

 Using the two boot floppies from the /floppies directory, how do you
edit /etc/fstab? I tried dearly to just find a friggin editor or
SOMETHING. Hm, come to think of it I didnt try to mount it using the boot
floppies. So could you do something like, boot with the boot floppies,
mount your root partition - run vi from your hard drive and
edit /etc/fstab and then reboot? I KNEW IT! I told myself - "The
documentation says FreeBSD users hate having to reinstall..so there must
be away around this without reinstalling".

cool!

- aaron