Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 06:46:10 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        Joshua Speer <jspeer@sbcglobal.net>, FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: System hang

On 2002-04-17 18:47, Peter Leftwich wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Joshua Speer wrote:
> > Hello, Let me know if I need to post this in a different location
> > for best results. I have a server running FreeBSD 4.5 in SMP.
> > /kernel: Fatal double fault:
> > /kernel: eip = 0x2ab8ef3
> > /kernel: 0
> > /kernel: esp = 0xd7e1f008

Can you try to build a kernel with debugging information and obtain a
crash dump, as described in the troubleshooting section of the Handbook?

> What is a counter-strike server?  Is this a gamer's thing, or a
> re-offending portscanner punisher?  :)  Try running the command "top" and
> familiarize yourself with the "renice" command, these might help.

CounterStrike is a popular game for Windows.  The 'server' part is a
program that can run on Unix boxen too, letting Windows clients
connect to it.

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/