Date:      Mon, 07 Dec 2015 11:26:58 -0500
From:      "Michael B. Eichorn" <ike@michaeleichorn.com>
To:        markham breitbach <markhamb@corp.ssimicro.com>,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OSS in jail

On Mon, 2015-12-07 at 08:58 -0700, markham breitbach wrote:

> This is not a technical problem, and any technical solution will turn
> into a giant Rube-Goldberg contraption that will ultimately fail.

Semantics. It is possible to solve some policy problems with
technological solutions, jails themselves are proof of this.

> Why are you giving out superuser permissions if you wish to restrict
> the
> activities of your users?
>
> The right answer to this is to not give out superuser permission.

It is entirely possible to parsel out superuser permissions, sudo,
jail, and capsicum are all ways to give out slivers of superuser
permissions. The problem is *hard* not *impossible*.