Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:41:47 -0700
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Mike Squires <mikes@ct980320-b.blmngtn1.in.home.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: dump and 4.3-STABLE

Mike Squires <mikes@ct980320-b.blmngtn1.in.home.com> writes:
> I'm running 4.3-STABLE (via cvsup and buildworld/buildkernel/installkernel/
> installworld/mergemaster) and dump appears to have the bug referenced in
> PR/26507.
>
> /usr/src/UPDATING, however, shows no sign of 4.3-RELEASE.
>
> Does this mean my cvsup is broken, or has the patch not yet been merged with
> traverse.c?

The patch *has* been merged and made it into 4.3-RELEASE.  Perhaps
nobody updated UPDATING.  Could you please check the output of:

	ident /usr/src/sbin/dump/traverse.c

If it says 'obrien', you have the old version.  If it says 'jkh', you
have the new version and the bug should've been fixed.

Thanks,

					Dima Dorfman
					dima@unixfreak.org