Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:09:00 +0100
From:      Xian <ian@codepad.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: headless server...

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 15:19, Przemys=B3aw Nowaczyk wrote:
> Erich Dollansky wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Przemys=B3aw Nowaczyk wrote:
> >> okey.. the status for now is:
> >> - I have the newest version of Bios v.4.51PG 2B for this motherboard,
> >> - I've tried all combinations with the Halt On option (no solvation),
> >> - Even without the video card the box doesn't start,
> >> - in my bios there's no No Video option,
> >> - Even when only the cable of the monitor is plugged it doesn't start,
> >> - I won't try to fry my PC :P
> >> - so I've run out of ideas..
> >> but thank You All for help :) and feel free to share more ideas :)
> >
> > You are saying that the machine boots with the monitor on but does not
> > when you switch the monitor off?
> >
> > Erich
>
> well to be exact, the situation looks like this: when the monitor is
> plugged into the box (it doesn't matter wheather it's on or off)
> everything runs fine (there's the standard "short beep" and the machine
> boots normaly). But when the monitor isn't plugged, the machine doesn't
> start (there's no beep) and the OS isn't loaded.

Another idea, Could you fool it into thinking there is a monitor there when=
=20
there isn't by taking a monitor plug and wiring a few resistors across it?=
=20
I'm sure the Internet or a multimeter will tell you where to put the=20
resistors.

=2D-=20
/Xian

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do=20
nothing"
Edmund Burke