Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:30:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      andy@neu.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cups printing problem

I am trying to print from a FBSD client to an FBSD print server running
the latest version of Cups.  I can print from the printserver, but not
across the local network.  I receive this error from the Cups browser
admin page:

Brother HL-1440 Foomatic/hl1250 (recommended)
Location:
Printer State: processing, accepting jobs.
"Unable to get printer status (client-error-forbidden)!"
Device URI: http://10.0.0.175:631/ipp/

It seems like the server is refusing the connection, is that the problem
or is it something else.  I tried putting an /etc/cups/cupsd.conf so that
it will spool on the server, but it did not work.

Is there something I need to enable or turn on, on the server to make
network printing work?  Any help is appreciated.

TIA,

Andy