Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:14:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brett McCormick <brett@mail.flyingcroc.net>
To:        rob <europax@home.com>
Cc:        David Fuchs <dfuchs@uniserve.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Porting to FreeBSD

I usually just try to compile it -- if it doesn't compile or work,
then I start modifying it.  Sometimes, if it *really* wants linux
(like it checks uname or something), you have to fool it into not
caring.  Then you just start attacking whatever doesn't work.

--brett

On Friday, 1 September 2000, at 16:12:13, rob wrote:

> There is the FreeBSD Porters' Handbook, which I downloaded last night=

> from the ftp site, but it seems to deal mostly with how to make a por=
> conform to FreeBSD specifications and how to properly submit it.  The=
re
> is little or no info about how to convert 'x' to FreeBSD.=20
>=20
> I would also like to know of any additional info about Linux to FreeB=
SD
> ports.  I have actually tried this with 0 success so far.   Rob.
>=20
>=20
> David Fuchs wrote:
> >=20
> > I'd like to port some Linux software to FreeBSD, but I'm not sure o=
n how I
> > would do such a thing.  Does anyone know of any website resources o=
n the
> > internet that explain how to port applications?  I've been looking =
for a
> > while now but I'm still not sure on where to start.  Any resources =
at all
> > regarding C++ programming in a UNIX environment would be helpful.
> >=20
> > Thanks in advance!
> >=20
> > =AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=