Date:      Tue, 2 May 2006 14:16:44 -0500
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipw2100 vs ndis(4) -- does it work for anybody?

On 5/2/06, Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good day,
>
> since the ipw(4) driver can't do WPA, I wanted to give ndis(4) a try.
> This *used* to work back on 5.3 (memory is a bit vague) but it ain't
> happening on 6.1-RC.
>
> I'm using the same driver as last time, which is the version 1.2.2.8
> from Intel. I also downloaded the newest one, version 1.2.4.35, but none
> of them attach, when loading the if_ndis module.
>
> /sys/modules/if_ndis# make clean
> /sys/modules/if_ndis# ndiscvt -i /compat/ndis/w70n51.inf -s /compat/ndis/=
w70n51.sys -o ndis_driver_data.h

You need to use the ndisgen script to create the NDIS kernel module
for your card.

ndisgen /compat/ndis/w70n51.inf /compat/ndis/w70n51.sys

then you use kldload to load the module:

kldload w70n51_sys.ko

Scot

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.