Date:      Mon, 09 Apr 2001 20:08:46 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Pavlo Baron <pavlo.baron@a-city.de>
To:        Carl Johan Madestrand <lord_cj@freebsd-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lpe: can't ./configure

Carl (Johan),

sorry, my error description was not exact:
so, it's simple to install the lpe via package. But i want to install it from
the source code, because i changed some bg/fg-colors in the highlight.h - it's
nothing to my eyes to read the light blue text on the black background, you
know.    :)

I guess, you mean the package-based kind of installation? If i err, please
take a look at these steps i made to install that thing:

1. i've got libslang (the required version) installed on my machine
2. i've got lpe-1.2.5 sources
3. i "tar xfz"-ed the sources
4. i overwrite the src/highlight.h with my version
5. i execute ./configure
6. the error i get: the libslang library coudn't be found!
now, here i am ... what should i do? it's very possible, i do something wrong,
but i don't know what.

P.S. is it possible to change some fg/bg-colors without recompiling the lpe?
there is nothing about it in the man page.

rgds