Date:      Sat, 24 Oct 1998 15:12:20 +0930
From:      Reynoldus Lamuri <rlamuri@it.ntu.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   filesystem problem

Hello all,

I had a freebsd 2.2.7 on a 1Gb disk on a single / (root) partition. I upgraded to a 3Gb Seagate so I thought I might repartition. This is my new /etc/fstab

# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump    Pass#
/dev/wd0s2              none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/wd0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/wd0s4              /usr            ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/wd0s3              /tmp            ufs     rw              1       1

I backed everything and restored to the new 3Gb disk. Everything was fine except when running Staroffice. When I use "file open" Staroffice looks for my home directory in "/tmp/home/rlamuri/Staroffice-3.1/document" and I can't get it to goto "/home/rlamuri" or "/usr/home/rlamuri". I reinstalled Staroffice but no luck.
Also "file open" in Wordperfect 7.0 does not work at all.
I found that if I unmount /tmp, Staroffice works.
Is there a problem with the linux compat library (I reinstalled it as well)?
Is there a problem with the filesystem?
Any explanation is appreciated.

regards
Ray Lamuri