Date:      26 Sep 1998 11:07:07 +0900
From:      CHOI Junho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>
To:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, admin@kr.freebsd.org
Subject:   How to mirror freebsd.org?

Hello,

Recently kr.freebsd.org domain(South Korea) is reorganizing now. New
location, new server, new people... We are busy to settle the server
now.

In this time we should mirror some part of freebsd.org services for
local users. Can you help us?

 - FTP mirror.
   I know how to use 'mirror' program. In FTP mirroring, is there a
   general policy to local domain administrators? (account devoted to
   mirror, or some other solution other than 'mirror'
   ftp.freebsd.org).
   Should I mirror XFree86 also?
 - WWW mirror.
   Like the FTP mirror, is there are special method?
   I know WWW sources are maintaining under CVS. Then WWW mirroring is
   just checking out recent `www-all' from cvsup.freebsd.org?
   And, we are planning to official WWW mirror to non-root directory
   of our web server(http://www.kr.freebsd.org/www.freebsd.org/). What
   thing should I take care of?
 - CVS/CVSup mirror.
   What procedure should be done for CVS mirroring? Current we have no
   committers, so I think it's sufficient for building just CVSup
   mirrors.

And, we have about 3.5G left for above three thing. Is it sufficient
for mirroring all the datas?

We welcome any example setup for other countries, comments, helps.

Thanks!

--
 ----Cool FreeBSD!----MSX Forever!---J.U.N.K.E.R/Beat Snatchers!----
  CHOI Junho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>  http://jazz.snu.ac.kr/~junker