Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 2001 22:14:05 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Report

OK.  I've made sure that the sn and aic drivers work with Jonathan's
NEWCARD changes.  I have other drivers on my plate to finish up, but
they are still in progress.  Ed is the hardest one since it supports
so many devices.  The ep driver works for me and at least some of my
ep cards.  Since there's a reboot between tests, I haven't tested all
cards in my collection.

I've noticed a few things.

First, the insert/remove/insert stuff doesn't work.  A driver doesn't
seem to be able to allocate resource, release them if the probe fails
and have another driver try to allocate them.  Taking a view from
10,000' on the code, it looks like there's lots of minor issues here
that need to be dealt with.

Giant lock is held by someone else when we go into our loop, so we
can't go into it at all.  Or thus it would appear.  I don't know how
to check for things like this.  I get the interrupt just fine, but the
thread never runs.  I haven't looked into this issue at all.  So for
my laptop eject fails a horrible death on eject.

There's lots of things that feel wrong with the code and the behavior
of the system.  Nothing I can put my finger on, but they are all
relatively minor and easy to live with in the short term, but that
will need to get fix in the longer haul.

Warner