Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 2015 19:01:22 -0400
From:      matheyden@gmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System hangs on rm after upgrade to 10.1 with UFS

On 13 Apr 2015 at 17:06, lokadamus@gmx.de wrote:

> On 04/13/15 16:13, matheyden@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure which file the process gets stuck on, is there an easy way
> > to find out?
> >
> > Nothing appears to be written to the log files when executing the
> > command, outside of the rsnapshot log: http://pastebin.com/uVPfWYtT
> >
> > dmesg:
> > http://pastebin.com/t3HBYH73
> >
> > My test host is running in VirtualBox on Windows 7, but the issue was
> > first found on a physical system running FreeBSD 10.1 backing up a host
> > running FreeBSD 10.0, so no windows involvement there.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> Do you get a question about a shell?
> It looks it can't found it's root.

I don't get any prompts/errors about the shell or anything at all. I'm
using csh though.

I've tried to manually remove the directory as root a few times using "rm
-rfv /backup/remote/daily.3" and I've found that it's hanging on different
files in different folders each time. Typically after a hard reset, I'm
able to run the remove command again to finish removing the remaing files
and subfolders but it always hangs the first time I try but only on
FreeBSD 10.1.