Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:41:54 -0000
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <yongari@kt-is.co.kr>
To:        pf4freebsd@freelists.org
Subject:   [pf4freebsd] Current status on FreeBSD pf

Hello All,

Recent ip_len/ip_off field's byte ordering changes in OpenBSD pf
have introduced a few bugs. I have found a one bug and it was
fixed and several people have fixed other parts of OpenBSD pf.
I'm afraid there may be other bugs in the code and we should
wait until OpenBSD pf stablizes.(Just a couple of weeks, IMO)

Good news is we may get ALTQ support on FreeBSD 5.1.
Bennis Berger has announced his own ALTQ patch against 5.1R.
You can get the patch at the following URL.
http://www.nipsi.de/FreeBSD/altq-freebsd-5.1-release.tar.gz
Note! Currently the patch supports only fxp(4) driver.
For those who are eager to experiment it, please share experience.

Because one of my test system crashed during last week, I can't
give the patch try on. As soon as recovering the system, I will
test the code and let you know the results. If this patch work
without problems, we can add more ALTQ-enabled drivers to the
patch based on KAME drvier.

Thank you.

Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon