Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 18:32:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Daniel Lee <linuxrulesusa@yahoo.com>
To:        Jud <jud@myrealbox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 4.5 RELEASE hangs while probing devices

For sake of reference, my system is:
AMD K6-2 350 with 4 MB Trident 3D Image 985 4MB
AGP (also tried with a Trident Blade3D 8MB AGP),
Maxtor 15GB hdd, Samsung 8x8x32x CDRW (exact same
drive
worked in Pentium 200MMX computer with no problems),
Ensoniq Ensoniq AudioPCI sound card Realtek 8139
chipset network card.
(no zip drives, internal or external)

> On which device does it hang, and what does it say?
>
> Jud

It hangs when the message "Probing devices, please
wait"
appears.  I've left it on for several hours, and still
nothing happened.  I can boot -v if you want and try
to write down the last output shown before "probing
devices".

Dan