Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2000 18:56:41 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Julie" <jar557@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SMP

You are obviously a lot more persistent or maybe smarter than I am. I
tried slackware /
Redhat / Mandrake / Debian and never failed to get apparently
insurmountable problems
everywhere .....  since I got the message and changed over to "proper"
unixes I've started
making some headway. Its been said in the -questions list before but
still bears repeating ..
FreeBSD is probably the optimal server platform, but at least from my
point of view its not
necessarily the optimal desktop operating system. I never did like NT4
despite years of
working with it, however Win2000 is something else again .... I've
used it in several situations
for over 6 months and found it very impressive. Personally I think
FreeBSD is still a bit more
reliable in server applications but I'd be surprised if Win2000
doesn't attract a huge following.
I still have a couple of Win98 systems because despite its "features"
its still probably the best
thing for the average office user.