Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 1996 08:19:10 -0500
From:      Ron Bolin <rlb@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sttrange Behavior Observer in X

After updating from around a 10-26-96 current to 11-5-96 and
todays 11-7-96 kernel.

I am having problems when runnig X. My PS2 mouse at times reacts strange
when I move my cursor to another window too fast. It will charge to
the far right of the screen when I am moving it to the left. Another
symtom is not being able to input from the keyboard, freezing windows,
and garbage appearing in an xterm, and not being able to use the scroll
bars at times. An exit from X will tempoarily clear the problem.

It was working just fine under a 10-26-96 version of current.

So I went back to the 10-26 version of /usr/src/sys tree  mixed with the
11-5-96 source tree and it works fine.

I then removed the old current /usr/src/sys directory tree and did a
cvsup last night.
Still have the same problem with the new sys directory tree.

Questions:

1. By just replacing currents (11-5-96) sys tree with my 10-26-96 sys
tree it
fixed the problem. What dependancies exist that would not make todays
sys
tree work with 11-5-96 source tree?

2. Other than make clean; make cleandir; and make world; is there
anything
else that I might have skipped to create this problem?

I am running fvwm95, rxvt, Netscape 3.01 gold.  My system is a P6NDF 200
Pentium Pro e/w 64MB RAM, Adaptech 2940UW, Wide & narrow SCSI disks, CD
and TAPE.

Any thought would be appreciated. Should I install the new 2.2 X11R6,
I ams using the 2.1.5 version of X11R6.

Ron

Ron Bolin rlb@mindspring.com, http://www.mindspring.com/~rlb/
GSU: gs01rlb@panther.gsu.edu matrlbx@indigo4.cs.gsu.edu  Home: