Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 21:48:32 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Drew Derbyshire <ahd@kew.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysinstall DOESN'T ASK, dangerous defaults!

At 09:44 PM 9/27/2000, Wes Peters wrote:

>> You forget: I wasn't the one who started this thread. I merely indicated
>> my agreement.
>
>So now you're a majority of two?

No; it seems more as if YOU are a minority of one. Unless I've managed to
miss one, every other participant in this thread besides you has suggested
some change to the default configuration.

>Of COURSE an super-experienced hacker can determine why ftp, telnet, and
>mail don't work out of the box and fix these user-hostile mistakes.

If you think that people don't want things to work out of the box,
you have not been listening.

If you stopped hurling invectives and listened to what people were saying,
we could have a reasonable conversation.

--Brett