Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2000 13:56:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Derrick Baumer <bduk@earthlink.net>
To:        terryd@corecomm.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help?

> From: Terry D <terryd@corecomm.net>
>
> Hello,
> If anyone there can assist me it would be greatly appreciated. I
> have been able to make it thru the install all the way to the point
> where it asks me from where I will be installing from and I chose
> cd-rom, since this is how I booted the install.  But now it says it
> cannot find my cd rom??? I read in the manual something about
> problems with atapi cd roms, but arent these common? If so why
> wouldnt there be a driver/database for them, more importantly what
> can I do now?

My fix for this (and probably not the best fix by any means) was to
move the CDROM to be the slave on the primary controller.  I *think*
(I'm kinda guessing, but it worked for me) that it scans for drives
sequentially (pri-master, pri-slave, sec-master, sec-slave) and stops
looking once it finds an empty slot, or something like that.  Anybody
else have input?

> Also what do you suggest I check off for the boot, I have boot
> magick installed on my system and I dont want BSD to overwrite my
> existing OS's ( win98 and linux on 1st drive) FreeBSD will be on my
> second IDE. Will boot magic recognize this?
>
> Thanks inadvance,
>  Terry

dunno.  Sorry.

--