Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 19:03:08 +0300
From:      "Alexandr P. Kovalenko" <never@uic-in.net>
To:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AUTH and sendmail

Hello, Hajimu UMEMOTO!

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 12:55:07AM +0900, you wrote:

> never> And also how can I get ip of connecting client if my daemon (pop3
> never> for ex.) is started from inetd? man what function?
>
> When POP connection comes, the POP server saves the IP address where
> connection comes into access control database.  Then, SMTP connection
> comes, it is allowed by check_relay rule of sendmail.cf.  Since
> Qpopper 4.X has DRAC support, you don't need extra patch.
You see, I don't use qpopper, I don't use any of pop daemons by third party, we
wrote our own for use with freemail system. I like drac because it needs only
minimal patches and beacuse of it's standalone daemon which can be informed
through network to do /etc/mail/access updates.

And the question about ip was not about access control but about general inetd
behavour. I mean in which way inetd gives ip to daemon. This is not question
for -security, so I cc-ed it to -questions.

P.S. I'm sorry for my lameness... :(

--
NEVE-RIPE
ICQ: 36925929	http://www.nevermind.kiev.ua/