Date:      Fri, 03 Aug 2001 05:49:06 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Cookbook for Sendmail Config?

Keeping in mind that I have *never* worked with Sendmail before, are there
any links you would recommend for instructing me how to setup Sendmail?
There are two things I want to accomplish.

In phase one, I want to relay all mail from my local network and allow relay
from the Internet if the proper username and password is presented.  Is this
possible?  Is this very difficult?

Once phase one is working, I want to install POP3 software so that clients
can pick up their mail.  I'm guessing that I have to tell Sendmail to
forward received mail to the POP3 and then get the POP3 configured to
receive the mail and make it available for clients?

Thank you for your assistance.  "Cookbook" or "newbie" links would be most
appreciated.

Drew